Applications to USCIS usually require fees to be included in order to be processed. However, in certain circumstances, USCIS may allow for fees to be waived.
In order to get a fee waiver for a TPS application, USCIS has provided guidance on what should be included in the written statement requesting the waiver.
The key points that should be included in the written statement are:
- A statement indicating that “under penalty of perjury, the foregoing statements are true and correct.”
- specific reasons why you are unable to pay the fee
- a list of all of your assets, including property owned
- your monthly income for at least 3 months prior to submission of the form
- your monthly bills and other required expenditures
- a list of dependents in the United States, including street addresses and relationship to you, and any income that they earn or receive
- information about any public benefits you receive, such as Medicaid, welfare, or house assistance
- any other information relating to humanitarian considerations, such as age, disability, homelessness
For more information, please click here.